The IP Office is Avaya’s primary product line for small to medium-sized businesses. It is a hybrid PBX that is legacy digital technology at the core but adds on VoIP and SIP support. The Server Edition is Avaya’s newest addition to the product line and is delivered on an HP solution.
The operating system is Linux, the preferred choice for telecom systems today. The system uses a mixture of analog, proprietary digital, proprietary VoiP and SIP protocols. The server hardware is provided by HP, and the PSTN gateways(otherwise known as T1 and station cards) are provided by Avaya.
- Supports analog, digital and IP phones
- Up to 250 SIP trunks per server
- Up to 100 Voice Messaging ports
- 128 audio conferencing ports per server
- Long traditional PBX feature list
- Large conference call capacity
- Supports legacy Avaya and Nortel phones
- Conference call recording
- Large number of resellers
- Brand recognition
- Good multi-location capabilities